AHL Healthcare Group is seeking a Maintenance Worker for our Assisted Living Facilities – Wesley Residence (West Duluth) and Garden Terrace (Wrenshall, MN). This person would be responsible for the routine and preventative maintenance and repair within the facilities.
Compensation: $16-$18 Based on qualifications/experience
- Light plumbing and electrical experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a background check
- 2+ years maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to bend, lift, stoop, and be on your feet for up to four hours at a time
- Reliable, organized, and task oriented
Hours: Monday through Friday Days (8am to 5pm) with some flexibility based on candidates availability and business needs. Occasional work outside of business hours for snow removal and emergency maintenance during on-call rotation.
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Group dental and supplemental insurance
- Performance-based increases
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Longevity bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun, home environment!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance and repair within assisted livings
- Consistently strive to maintain clean, functioning, and attractive facility.
- Positively represent the agency in the community and at community functions.
- Maintain client and agency confidentiality.
- Report mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action
- Perform basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs and shelves.
- Remove broken glass, putty or plastic; replace windows and/or door hardware or make arrangements for replacement.
- Perform basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances.
- Repair lighting systems
- Inspect electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
- Identify and perform basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; replacing washers and other minor parts.
- Open clogged lines and/or drains.
- Apply and prepare various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain
- Repair wall coverings.
- Deep clean carpets and floors as needed.
- Hook up and service appliances, kitchen and emergency equipment
- Basic masonry work such as laying forms, mixing, pouring, and finishing concrete for buildings, sidewalks and slabs.
- Exercise discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person.
- Assist in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as needed.
- Provide input and assistance to maintenance manager in the development of the operating budget, order materials and supplies and assist in the monitoring and tracking of expenditures.
- Move and assist in moving furniture and equipment as needed.
- Maintain a checklist on building equipment maintenance and scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Lawn and landscaping upkeep to include mowing, planting, clearing weeds, etc.
- Perform snow removal as needed through the use of snow blowers and shoveling.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and functioning facility.
- Other duties as assigned.