Location: Duluth, MN and Wrenshall, MN
Hours of Position: Part time, flexible scheduling. Position is 24 hours per week which can be flexible based on candidate’s needs. (3 days w/ 8 hours shifts, 4 days w/ 6 hour shifts, etc.) Days and hours are flexible.
Hours will be split between our two assisted livings in Duluth and Wrenshall.
Job Type: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Job Summary: Performs a variety of professional nursing duties in the care of home care residents, complies with state rules and regulations, and follows established policies and procedures. Rotating on-call schedules.
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- Paid time off
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun, relaxed environment!
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing for RN
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse within the State of Minnesota.
- Previous RN experience/Assisted Living experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions based upon standard policies and procedures, as well as use good judgment in day-to-day activities.
- Reliability and flexibility are necessary for success in this position.
- This position may include extended time on your feet, lifting, bending and stooping.
- Lifting/transferring requirements vary based on assigned caseload, but must be able to lift loads, which are not normally to exceed 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with general nursing and geriatric nursing practices.
- Possess a desire to work with aged, infirm and disabled persons, and mentally ill.
- Participate in program planning, budgeting and evaluation activities related to the clinical services of the agency.
- Participate in all agency objectives, standards of care, policies, and procedures affecting clinical services.
- Make medical appointments for residents as needed.
- Initiates emergency procedures for residents.
- Review client care plans and offer input regarding best clinical nursing interventions to ensure highest possible client outcomes.
- Assist with start up of services for new residents, hospital transfers and discharges as requested by RN.
- Implement physician orders. Ensure accuracy and promptness in transcribing physician orders.
- Carry out proper charting practices and procedures. Monitor and train other staff on documentation and charting.
- Assemble and operate equipment such as oxygen supplies and other equipment used for resident care.
- Order, sets up and administer medications/injectables accurately.
- Perform arithmetic and follow instructions.
- Monitor resident aide/CNA staff who pass medications
- Responsible for and will assist in orientation and training of all new staff including competency testing of all new staff. Responsible for providing ongoing in-service education for staff.
- Attend required meetings, in-service training and conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works cooperatively with other departments.