We are looking for a full time Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our Duluth office. This position is responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable, and requires excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. The position also assists with various accounting and receptionist duties as needed. Typical hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm with an hour lunch. Starting pay is around $16 per hour depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform accounts receivable tasks including verifying accuracy of billing data, entering data into general ledger software and claims billing software, maintains supporting records.
2. Processes paper and electronic claims to payers with full and complete information to satisfy and facilitate the claim for payment. Produces accurate and timely claims in order to prevent denials and maximize reimbursement.
3. Generates invoices and statements, sending to proper parties.
4.Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and electronic payments.
5.Maintains records by scanning and filing as needed.
6.Verifies validity of account discrepancies by reviewing billing detail and following up with client, County or State agency as needed.
7. Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, coordinating payments with Director of Services and/or client.
8. Protects organization’s value by keeping all client and company information confidential.
9. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
10. Performs delegated duties within assigned time lines.
11. Provides various reports to Controller and/or others as requested.
12. Perform back-up receptionist duties as needed including, but not limited to, answer incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or departments as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred
- Prior experience in billing or finance preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including data entry, sorting, creating and modifying spreadsheets and experience with Quickbooks preferred.
- Requires strong problem solving, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to do basic math and read/write English.
- This position may include extended time sitting and requires frequent use of fine motor skills for typing and writing.
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance Purchase Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Group Dental and Supplemental Insurance
- Performance Based Increases
- Holiday and referral bonuses