Wesley Residence Assisted Living Facility is currently seeking a part time Activities Coordinator! Those currently going to school for, or that have experience in Occupational Therapy are highly encouraged to apply!
Location:Duluth, MN (Wesley Residence, West Duluth)
Hours of Position:Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8am-4pm (24 hrs/week) Potential to cross train in additional departments to pick up shifts if additional hours are desired.
Compensation:Depending on qualifications
The activity coordinator assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the need for resident activities, which are multi-faceted, meet the resident’s functional needs and reflect interest for all participants. The activity coordinator needs to be motivated, energetic, innovative, and highly organized. This applicant should possess strong written and verbal communication skills; make schedules and deals with people on a regular basis. This position is responsible for planning and implementing activity programs for targeted resident groups. The activity coordinator will have the ability to collaborate in a team environment and work with culturally diverse individuals and groups. When not planning activities, the Activity Coordinator will also be responsible for providing Resident Aide and/or Food Services.
- Experience in an assisted living facility or similar experience required
- Experience planning activities for targeted resident groups preferred
- 18 years or older, and have a high school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle insurance and a clean record
- Pass a MN DHS Background Study
- Every other weekend rotation is required
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- Flexible scheduling and every other weekend off
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with residents to provide enjoyable activities, excellent services and a comfortable home!