Location: Duluth, MN
Hours of Position: Flexible business hours M-F
AHL Healthcare Group is seeking a Behavior Professional to build, structure, implement, and supervise services for persons with disabilities in the Duluth Minnesota area. This is a part-time with expectations to grow into full-time hours in the future. This position oversees behavior services for our community-based services program BRIDGES to Success, as well as starting/structuring an Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) we will be opening in the next few months.
- Completing individualized functional assessments
- Developing person-centered, positive practice, individualized behavior support plans that identify specific proactive and, if necessary, reactive intervention strategies
- Train and supervise waiver behavior analysts and specialists on the support plans
- Data collection, tracking, reporting and interpreting this data
- Evaluate effectiveness of the service and modify plans as necessary
- Provide onsite instructional learning regarding the use of behavioral interventions
A waiver behavior professional must have competencies in areas related to:
- Behavior reduction/elimination strategies that promote least restrictive approved alternatives
- Co-occurring mental health or neurocognitive disorders
- Data collection, tracking and reporting
- Demonstrated expertise with populations being served
- Ethical considerations related to behavioral services
- Functional analysis
- Functional assessment
- Measurement of behavior and interpretation of data
- Identifying desired outcomes
- Selecting intervention strategies to achieve desired outcomes
- Staff/caregiver training
- Support plan monitoring and revisions.
- Supervisory experience
- Proficient computer skills
The waiver behavior professional must also meet one of the following six sets of criteria:
- Psychologist licensed under Minn. Stat. §148.88 to 148.98 with competencies as identified above actively listed with the Minnesota Board of Psychology
- Clinical social worker licensed as an independent clinical social worker under Minn. Statutes, Chapter 148D, or a person with a master’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university with at least 4,000 hours of post-master’s, supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the above competency areas
- Physician licensed under Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 147 and certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, or eligible for board certification in psychiatry
- A licensed professional clinical counselor licensed under Minn. Stat. §148B.29 to 148B.39 with at least 4,000 hours of post-master’s supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services who has demonstrated competencies in the above areas
- A person with a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields, with at least 4,000 hours of post-master’s supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services
- A registered nurse who is licensed under Minn. Stat. §148.171 to 148.285 and who either:
- Is certified as a clinical specialist or as a nurse practitioner in adult or family psychiatric and mental health nursing by a national nurse certification organization, OR
- Has a master’s degree in nursing or one of the behavioral sciences or related fields from an accredited college or university or its equivalent, with at least 4,000 hours of post-master’s supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services.
Part-time/Variable Hour employees are eligible for employee-paid group dental and supplement insurance, 1.5x pay for holidays worked, flexible scheduling, every other weekend off, performance-based increases, longevity bonuses, and more.
Full-time employees are eligible for group medical insurance contribution, employee-paid group dental and supplement insurance, paid time off (PTO) accrual, company-paid holidays, performance-based increases, longevity bonuses, and more.
Apply online now to join our team of exceptional caregivers and counselors!