Location: Fridley, MN
Hours of Position: Multiple positions available
- AM Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (typically 8:30am-5:00pm)
- Tues/Thurs work with all participants- Wed/Fri work 1:1 with a participant who requires total cares
- PM Hours Tuesday and Thursday (typically 3pm – 10:30pm)
Additional hours are available in our foster care homes in the area, if interested.
The Direct Support Professional functions as an advocate, supporter, educator and care giver to individuals with disabilities. They assist individuals develop basic living and social skills to gain optimal independence and integration into the community. Depending on the individual, DSPs provide assistance with living skills development, health maintenance, medication administration, personal care and behavioral development/management. The primary goal is to provide services to enrich the lives of our participants to live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
This DSP position is at an Adult Day Program that opened in the beginning of 2018. This DSP position mainly leads activities, socializing and community events, as well as personal care assistance for some participants.
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 18 years or older, and have completed HS diploma or GED
- Able to pass a MN DHS Background Study
- Valid Driver’s License, car insurance, and a clean record
- Prefer past experience as DSP or related position
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- No holidays or weekends at the Day Program
- Ability for additional hours within group homes
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked at our group homes
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun, relaxed environment!
Apply online now to join our team of exceptional direct support professionals and counselors!