Location: Gary-New Duluth, MN
Hours of Position: Multiple positions available with PM hours (typically 3pm – 11pm)
A DSP+ functions as an advocate, supporter, educator and caregiver to individuals with disabilities. They assist individuals develop basic living and social skills to gain optimal independence and integration into the community. Depending on the individual, DSP+’s provide assistance with living skill development, health maintenance, medication administration, personal care and behavioral development/management. Most importantly, the goal is to provide services to enrich the lives of our residents to live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
The “+” designation is given by location, not person. If the location is found to have additional qualification needs, medical/personal cares, behavior management, etc. that is recognized and compensated through service reimbursement, this will be passed onto the employee. This location requires additional qualifications due to the high medical needs of the clients.
- 2 years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Prefer experience working with clients with high medical needs
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 18 years or older, and have completed HS diploma or GED
- Pass a MN DHS Background Study
- Available to work every other weekend
- Current Driver’s License, car insurance, and a clean record
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- Flexible scheduling around availability, and every other weekend off
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun, home environment!
Apply online now to help make a difference in our clients’ lives!