Location: Two Harbors, MN
Hours of Position: Multiple positions available
- AM hours during the week and every other weekend (typically 7am to 3pm or 8am to 4pm)
- PM hours during week and every other weekend (typically 3pm – 11pm or 4pm-10pm)
- Overnight hours during week and every other weekend (typically 11pm – 7am)
Compensation: $15.00/hour ($14.50/hr without Driver’s License)
A DSP functions as an advocate, supporter, educator and caregiver to individuals with disabilities. They assist individuals develop basic living and social skills to gain optimal independence and integration into the community. Depending on the individual, DSP’s provide assistance with living skill development, health maintenance, medication administration, personal care and behavioral development/management. Most importantly, the goal is to provide services to enrich the lives of our residents to live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
Typical Job Duties:
- Cooking and cleaning (residential four bedroom house)
- Med Administration and Documentation (writing how clients are doing)
- Socializing with clients (playing games, watching movies, going for walks, bonfires, etc.)
- Going to appointments and outings with clients (shopping, movies, fishing, etc.)
- No experience necessary; all training will be provided!
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 18 years or older, and have completed HS diploma or GED
- Pass a MN DHS Background Study
- Available to work every other weekend
- Prefer a current Driver’s License, car insurance, and a clean record
- Paid Time Off
- Mandate Pay (Extra $3/hr)
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- Flexible scheduling around availability, and every other weekend off
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun, home environment!
Apply online now to help make a difference in our clients’ lives!