AHL Healthcare Group is in search for a Cook to join our team at our West Duluth Assisted Living Facility.
Full Time and Part time positions available! Hours may vary but shifts are typically 6am-2pm or 10am to 6pm.
Job Summary:The Cook is responsible for the preparing and serving of food for residents, visitors, and staff. The Cook ensures food service standard through food quality controls and procedures. The Cook is accountable for maintaining a clean and presentable kitchen and dining area. The Cook works to provide exemplary meal service that meets the desires and health needs of our residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of resident meals according to the facility menu.
- Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen area including dishes, work counters, and food storage areas. Keeps the dining room clean and presentable.
- Possess a good knowledge of nutrition, recipes and prescribed dietary needs, e.g. what to provide for residents on prescribed diets. Coordinate as needed with the Registered Nurse to assure that each person’s prescribed diet needs are accommodated. Will receive “Therapeutic Diet Training”.
- Assures proper preparation and serving procedures are followed in accordance with quality standards and regulations.
- Abides by all requirements of the Minnesota Department of Health, Food and Beverage Licensure.
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining kitchen supply levels and equipment. Checks menu for food product availability. Ability to create a contingency plan if food product is unavailable.
- Responsible for food labeling and dating. Restock items as needed and rotate stock to eliminate waste.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all staff and residents.
- Establishes and maintains a safe, healthy, and clean environment.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to pass a state background clearance.
- Prior related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English, follow directions and complete tasks.
- Ability to follow time schedules and deadlines for meal preparation and serving.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition and food.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact positively with residents and other staff.
- Reliability, dependability, and flexibility are necessary for success in this position.
- Flexibility to adjust shifts or accept additional shifts if needed to fill in for staff illness, vacation or emergency situations
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun environment!