Location: West Duluth,MN 55807
Hours of Position: Mornings and Days, every other weekend availability is required.
This position is responsible for keeping the common areas of the building in a clean, sanitary, orderly and attractive condition. Provide a pleasant living environment for the residents and an organized and safe living/working environment for the residents and staff. This position may also assist the kitchen in serving resident meals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sweep, vacuum, dust, wash, mop, scour and sanitize areas as assigned; must move furniture and equipment as necessary to clean. Perform cleaning tasks in accordance with safety and procedure guidelines.
- Demonstrate and practice correct hand washing and infection and infection control procedures.
- Assist in serving resident meals and maintaining tidiness in dining area.
- Maintain clean work and storage area.
- Use proper caution signs and safety procedures around residents and staff.
- Support and adhere to the policies and procedures of Wesley Residence.
- Ability to give constant attention to detail to assure complete, thorough cleaning.
- Follow dress code; maintain good personal hygiene and grooming.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently to accomplish workload within time allotted.
- Work as a team member with a positive attitude. Maintain a pleasant, respectful and cooperative relationship with co-workers.
- Answer the phone cheerfully, get complete information and respond pleasantly.
- Attend mandatory in-services and staff meetings as requested.
- Bring concerns/complaints/problems to the Administrator’s attention.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing situations.
- Document as required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make appropriate judgments.
- Demonstrate dependability, punctuality, satisfactory attendance and provide proper notice of tardiness or absences.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, and lift (not normally to exceed 50 lbs)
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- Flexible scheduling and every other weekend off
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with residents to provide excellent services and a comfortable home!