Job Summary: This position is responsible for keeping the common areas of the building in a clean, sanitary, orderly and attractive condition. Provide a pleasant living environment for the residents and an organized and safe living/working environment for the residents and staff.
Location: 5601 Grand Ave Duluth, MN 55807
Hours of Position:
- 10am to 6pm during the week and every other weekend, 32 hours/week
- Sweep, vacuum, dust, wash, mop, scour and sanitize areas as assigned; must move furniture and equipment as necessary to clean. Perform cleaning tasks in accordance with safety and procedure guidelines.
- Ability to use step stool to climb and reach light fixtures, curtains, tops of doors, closets, etc.
- Ability to dispense soap, paper, other housekeeping supplies, refill products in restrooms, etc.
- Ability to use and care for housekeeping equipment such as vacuum, carpet sweeper, mop, etc.
- Observe and use proper procedure for waste disposal.
- Demonstrate and practice correct hand washing and infection and infection control procedures.
- Maintain clean work and storage area.
- Use proper caution signs and safety procedures around residents and staff.
- Support and adhere to the policies and procedures of Wesley Residence.
- Ability to give constant attention to detail to assure complete, thorough cleaning.
- Possess leadership skills and demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and make appropriate judgments.
- Demonstrate dependability, punctuality, satisfactory attendance and provide proper notice of tardiness or absences.
- Follow dress code; maintain good personal hygiene and grooming.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently to accomplish workload within time allotted.
- Work as a team member with a positive attitude. Maintain a pleasant, respectful and cooperative relationship with co-workers.
- Paid Time Off (Part time and Full Time)
- Short notice pay (Extra $1.50/hour) and mandate pay (Extra $3.00/Hour) differentials
- Longevity bonuses
- Flexible scheduling and every other weekend off
- Performance-based increases
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with residents to provide excellent services and a comfortable home!
- Pass a MN DHS Background Study
- Every other weekend rotation is required
- Position may include extended time on your feet, lifting, bending and stooping.
- Lifting/transferring requirements vary based on assigned caseload, but must be able to lift loads, which are not normally to exceed 50 pounds