The BRIDGES Counselor works 1:1 with adults that have disabilities by providing a variety of billable services such as, but not limited to, housing access, independent living services, behavior specialist and supported living services. Primary goals are to develop, maintain and improve the community skills of the consumers you are working with. This could be assisting with self-care, communication skills, community living and mobility, reduction /elimination of maladaptive behavior, sensory/motor development and socialization.
Location: Duluth, MN and Surrounding Areas
Hours of Position: Flexible Scheduling! Full-time or Part-Time
Compensation:$15.00-$17.00/hour, Based on Experience
The BRIDGES Counselor works 1:1 with adults that have disabilities by providing a variety of services such as:
- Independent Living Skills/Services
- Communication Skills
- Community Living and Mobility
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field preferred OR an Associate’s Degree in a Social Services Discipline OR two years (4,174 hours) of supervised experience working with individuals who exhibit challenging behaviors as well as co-occurring mental disorders or neurocognitive disorder.
- A valid Driver’s License, pass an MVR check and provide proof of insurance. You will be using your personal vehicle to transport clients.
- The ability to pass a MN DHS background check.
- A working phone that you are able to be reached at by supervisors and clients in case of scheduling changes. You must have a portable device to download applications on for time keeping and documentation purposes.
- The ability to make independent decisions based upon standard policies and procedures, as well as use good judgment in day-to-day activities. Reliability and flexibility are necessary for success in this position.
- Paid Time Off
- Group dental and Supplement Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Performance-Based Increases
- Longevity Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program