About our BRIDGES to Success Division
Bridges to Success provides short and long-term supportive services to adults with developmental disabilities, mental health, and substance abuse who are living at home, with a family member, or out in the community. BRIDGES stands for- Building Relationships and Independence through Determination, Guidance and Educated Supports. We strive to help our community thrive by providing person- centered one on one support to our clientele in need.
If you are a passionate person who wants a fulfilling job serving others, please consider applying!
Location: Fridley, MN
Hours of Position: Days or Evenings. Part time. Flexible based on staff availability and client needs.
The BRIDGES Counselor works one on one with our clientele in the community providing a variety of services that support independent living. The primary goals are to develop, maintain and improve the independent skills of the clients you are working with so that they are able to continue to live independently and productively in the community.
The BRIDEGES Counselors provide instruction and support in the following areas but not limited to, housing access, independent living services, behavioral skills, assisting with self-care, communication skills, community living and mobility, reduction/elimination of maladaptive behavior, sensory/motor development and socialization.
The 3 levels of support we provide are:
IHS- Individualized Home Supports- (Formerly known as ILS)
PSS- Positive Support Services
SS- Specialist Services
- Prior experience or knowledge in the fields of community support or mental health
- A valid Driver’s License, pass an MVR check and provide proof of insurance. You will be using your personal vehicle to transport clients. (mileage reimbursement)
- The ability to pass a MN DHS background check.
- An accessible smartphone
- The ability to make independent decisions, and think on your feet
- Reliability and flexibility are necessary for success in this position.