AHL is seeking skilled individual with carpentry experience to join our maintenance team in Duluth, MN. This position will be responsible for all skilled carpentry services and repairs for our residential and commercial properties. This position has core working hours of Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, but may require work outside of those hours for snow removal and emergency service calls, including nights and weekends.
We are seeking an individual with excellent job knowledge, skill set, and motivation to tackle our more demanding projects (remodels, additions, reroofing, residing, etc.). Our ideal candidate would have prior experience in a variety of trades (carpentry, masonry, plumbing, etc.). Seeking candidate with skillset to tackle any project efficiently and accurately.
- 5+ Years Skilled Carpentry Experience
- 3+ Years General Maintenance Experience
- Valid Driver’s License with ability to pass MVR check
- Prior Leadership/Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Time management and communication skills
- Physically fit to complete all essential job duties to include frequent lifting, bending, standing, and climbing
Compensation: $50-$65k/yr; based on experience
- Ensure jobs are getting done correctly and timely.
- Receives, completes, and follows up on requests from tenants and house managers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Presents and maintains a professional appearance and demeanor throughout daily interactions with owners, customers, inspectors, subcontractors, suppliers, and all personnel.
- Turnover maintenance to include: painting apartments, rekeying/replacing locks, hauling belongings to the dump, etc.
- Selective demolition including removing walls, flooring, ceilings, doors, finishes, etc.
- Gut and remodel bathrooms and kitchens to include all plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
- Metal and wood stud framing, drywall hanging, wall sheathing, backing, blocking and other rough carpentry duties as assigned
- Installation/replacement of doors, windows, floors, and hardware
- Repairs or replaces siding and roofing.
- Basic masonry to include brickwork, tiling, and concrete.
- Basic plumbing and electrical to include replacing or repairing: light fixtures, outlets, toilets, sinks, P-Traps, water heaters, appliances, troubleshooting heating systems, etc.
- Responsible for lawn mowing, snow removal and landscaping of residential and commercial properties.
- FRP installation and the installation of bath accessories and bath partitions and layout thereof
- Finish carpentry including the installation of cabinetry, running trim and misc. finishes
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, documents and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to AHL safety policies
- Helps maintain a clean and organized job site. Maintains inventory of maintenance tools and supplies.
- Communicates with ownership and Property Coordinator on project management.
- Operates light equipment (Bobcats, forklifts, etc.)
- Demonstrates time management and organizational and technical skills to complete projects by assigned deadlines.
- Use and care for basic carpentry and power equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance (ICHRA)
- Group dental and vision insurance
- Supplemental insurance (Life, STD, LTD, Accident)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Performance-based increases