AHL Healthcare Group is opening an Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) facility. The Lead Mental Health Practitioner (MHPRL) functions as a support to will the Treatment Director and oversees other MHPR and MH Rehab workers. The MHPRL acts as the go-to contact for second shift to assist with problem solving, answering questions, and directing workflow.
The MHPRL serves as a BRIDGES Counselor but also contributes to writing care plans and developing programming for implementation. The MHPRL develops and provides services that improve a person’s overall well-being, independent living skills and personal needs. They analyze and provide monthly reports from the data compiled. The MHP is responsible for assisting clients with symptom management, self-care, communication skills, community living and mobility, reduction /elimination of maladaptive behavior, sensory/motor development and socialization.
Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance contributions, paid time off (PTO) accrual, employee-paid group dental and supplement insurance, company-paid holidays, performance-based increases, longevity bonuses, flexible scheduling, Employee Assistance Program, and more.
Hours of Position: Hours will be between 3 pm and midnight, alternating schedule, Sunday – Saturday
- Ability to multitask. Strong communicator.
- Enjoys conducting groups. Effective team member.
- Ability to pass MVR check, maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance and a state background check clearance.
- Prior Leadership experience preferred
- Prior IRTS Experience Preferred
Must Qualify as an MHPR:
- A baccalaureate degree (or higher) in a field related to human services, and 1-year FT work experience* OR
- An associate degree in a field related to human services, and 2 years FT work experience* OR
- A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited postsecondary institution, and 3 years FT work experience* OR
- A minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities AND 4 years FT work experience* under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualification identified in 1-3 above.
(*work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing Individual Treatment Plans (ITP)/support plans and developing person-centered programming for individuals to maintain or improve areas of independent living such as behavior management, budgeting, maintaining services, meal prep/planning, employment, etc.
- Oversee implementation of the person-centered, positive-practice behavior support plan, which includes assessing the adequacy of the plan.
- Train and direct employees who implement the mental health/behavior support plan.
- Provide feedback to and coordinate with the mental health/behavior professional.
- Train and oversee data collection, which includes designing data collection methodology.
- Meet or exceed billable time target goal of 80%
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of consumer(s) history, skills, vulnerabilities, support plans and emergency procedures.
- Understanding of service planning and person-centered planning and delivery.
- General knowledge of social services, record keeping, reporting requirements and confidentiality.
- Ability to complete an admission assessment of client’s independent living skills/needs.
- Ability to create and follow plans set up for clients, and use creative ways to encourage participation.
- Training and oversight of MH Rehab workers, Certified Peer Specialists, Personal Support Specialists and Bridges Counselors on the created plans.
- Provide direct assistance, supervision and training for activities of daily living. This includes, but is not limited to: personal hygiene, toileting, dressing, grooming, nutrition, health care, support services, use of specialized equipment, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and use time management skills to train staff on new clients and communicate back with teams.
- Implement ITP/support plans as written and document progress directly following the shift with documentation written legibly and in a professional manner.
- Providing assistance with paperwork that is pertinent to continuation of services, such as Social Security paperwork.
- Provide support and supervision as defined in each support plan, using therapeutic interventions, while ensuring consumer safety
- Assist in payroll process by reviewing employee time data information, editing punches, signing-off on shifts in the Easy Clocking system and submitting payroll data to the Administrative Office.