Location: Duluth, MN
Hours of Position: Flexible scheduling, Typically Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Job Summary: Performs a variety of professional nursing duties in the care of home care residents, complies with state rules and regulations, and follows established policies and procedures. Rotating on-call schedules.
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Performance-based increases
- Longevity bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun, relaxed environment!
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing for Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse within the State of Minnesota.
- Previous experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to make independent decisions based upon standard policies and procedures, as well as use good judgment in day-to-day activities.
- Reliability and flexibility are necessary for success in this position.
- This position may include extended time on your feet, lifting, bending and stooping.
- Lifting/transferring requirements vary based on assigned caseload, but must be able to lift loads, which are not normally to exceed 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with general nursing and geriatric nursing practices.
- Possess a desire to work with aged, infirm and disabled persons, and mentally ill.
- Report changes in resident condition or other concerns about residents to the RN in a timely manner.
- Make medical appointments for residents as needed.
- Initiates emergency procedures for residents and reports to RN.
- Reviews residents’ care plans with RN and consult with RN about resident conditions and their treatments.
- Assist with start up of services for new residents, hospital transfers and discharges as requested by RN.
- Assist with implementation of physician orders.
- Ensure accuracy and promptness in transcribing physician orders.
- Carry out proper charting practices and procedures.
- Assemble and operate equipment such as oxygen supplies and other equipment used for resident care.
- Order, sets up and administer medications/injectables accurately.
- Perform arithmetic and follow instructions.
- Ability to perform duties of unlicensed staff. Assist unlicensed staff or fill in as necessary.
- Attend required meetings, in-service training and conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned by RN/Administrator.
- Works cooperatively with other departments.