AHL Healthcare Group is seeking a Maintenance Manager with Carpentry experience to join our team located in Duluth, MN. The maintenance manager will oversee and be responsible for all maintenance services for our residential foster care homes, assisted living facilities, and residential/commercial rental properties (CPP). This is a salaried position with core working hours of Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, but may require work outside of those hours for snow removal and emergency service calls, including nights and weekends.
- 5+ Years General Maintenance Experience
- 3+ Years Skilled Carpentry Experience
- Valid Driver’s License with ability to pass MVR check
- Prior Leadership/Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Time management and communication skills
- Physically fit to complete all essential job duties to include frequent lifting, bending, standing, and climbing
Compensation: $50,000 – $55,000 annually; based on experience
- Manages other maintenance personnel. Ensure jobs are getting done correctly and timely.
- Receives, completes, and follows up on requests from tenants and house managers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Presents and maintains a professional appearance and demeanor throughout daily interactions with owners, customers, inspectors, subcontractors, suppliers, and all AHL personnel.
- Turnover maintenance to include: painting apartments, rekeying/replacing locks, hauling belongings to the dump, etc.
- Selective demolition including removing walls, flooring, ceilings, doors, finishes, etc.
- Metal and wood stud framing, drywall hanging, wall sheathing, backing, blocking and other rough carpentry duties as assigned
- Installation/replacement of doors, windows, floors, and hardware
- Basic plumbing and electrical to include replacing or repairing: light fixtures, outlets, toilets, sinks, P-Traps, water heaters, troubleshooting heating systems, etc.
- FRP installation and the installation of bath accessories and bath partitions and layout thereof
- Finish carpentry including the installation of cabinetry, running trim and misc. finishes
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, documents and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to AHL safety policies
- Helps maintain a clean and organized job site. Maintains inventory of maintenance tools and supplies.
- Communicates with ownership on project management. Obtains quotes from contractors.
- Operates light equipment (Bobcats, forklifts, etc.)
- Use and care for basic carpentry and power equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance (ICHRA)
- Group dental
- Supplemental insurance (Life, STD, LTD, Accident)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Performance-based increases