AHL Healthcare Group is opening an Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) facility in Duluth, MN and is seeking Mental Health Rehab Workers to join our growing team!
Location: Duluth, MN (Near UMD)
Hours of Position: Several openings (full time or part time) and several shifts available. Typical shifts are 8 hours either: 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, or 12am-8am. Alternating weekend schedule, Sunday – Saturday is required.
- Paid Time Off (Part time and Full Time)
- Health Insurance (waiting periods may apply)
- Mandate pay (Extra $3.00/Hour) differentials
- Longevity bonuses
- Flexible scheduling and every other weekend off
- Performance-based increases
- Group dental, vision, and supplement insurance
- 1.5x pay for holidays worked
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with residents to provide excellent services and a comfortable home!
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to multitask. Strong communicator.
- Effective team member.
- Ability to pass MVR check, maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance and a state background check clearance.
- Ability to use a computer effectively, and complete word processing and data entry tasks
- Prior IRTS Experience Preferred
Must Qualify as an MHRW:
Have a high school diploma or equivalent And at least one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field
- Associate’s Degree in a Social Services Discipline
- Two (2) years of full-time supervised experience working with individuals who exhibit challenging behaviors as well as co-occurring mental disorders or neurocognitive disorder.
- Have a primary diagnosis of mental illness and be a current or former consumer of mental health services. In addition, must successfully complete the DHS-approved Certified Peer Specialist training and certification exam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and following the person-centered, positive practice behavior support plan / ITP for individuals to maintain or improve areas of independent living such as symptom management, budgeting, maintaining services, meal prep/planning, employment, etc.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of consumer(s) history, skills, vulnerabilities, support plans and emergency procedures.
- Understanding of service planning and person-centered planning and delivery.
- General knowledge of social services, record keeping, reporting requirements and confidentiality.
- Ability to create and follow ITP plans set up for clients and uses creative ways to encourage participation.
- If applicable, provide prompting and education for activities of daily living. This includes, but is not limited to: nutrition, health care, support services, etc.
- Effectively assist clients and train in areas such as symptom management, employment, budgeting, organizing, medical appointments scheduling, and meal planning.
- Ability to effectively communicate and use time management skills to train staff on new clients and communicate back with teams.
- Objectively and professionally document progress with the client at the end of your shift.
- Providing assistance with paperwork that is pertinent to continuation of services, such as Social Security paperwork.
- Provide support and supervision as defined in each ITP plan, using therapeutic interventions, while ensuring consumer safety.
- Communicate questions or concerns to MH Professional and/or Program Manager / Treatment Director
- Assisting with setting up transportation services or learning how to utilize public transportation.
- Regularly travel in the community, transport clients, and assure safe vehicle operation including all passengers wearing a seatbelt, respecting speed limits, following agency policy, maintaining current car insurance, and possessing a valid driver’s license at all times.