About our IRTS Division (Brainerd House):
Brainerd House is an Intensive Residential Treatment Service (IRTS) for adults looking for mental health and co-occurring disorder treatment. We are a 90-day program focused on recipients’ individual goals. We accept recipients in any stage of recovery and offer sober and supportive environments tailored toward personal growth. If you’re looking for a fulfilling job and genuinely want to help others. Please consider applying!
Location: Duluth, MN (Near UMD)
Hours of Position: Part Time, Every other weekend
Flexible scheduling: 8 hour shift between 8AM-6PM
The Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker provides a variety of services such as, but not limited to, Brainerd House, Individual Residential Treatment Services. Primary goals are to work cooperatively with the Treatment Director and other staff in implementing and evaluating Recipient care and programming. This could include prompting Recipient with self-care cues, use of health coping skills, communication skills, reduction /elimination of maladaptive behavior, and healthy socialization.
Qualifications: (at least one of the following)
Have a high school diploma or equivalent And at least one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field
- Associate’s Degree in a Social Services Discipline
- Two (2) years of full-time supervised experience working with individuals who exhibit challenging behaviors as well as co-occurring mental disorders or neurocognitive disorder.
- Have a primary diagnosis of mental illness and be a current or former consumer of mental health services.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to multitask. Strong communicator.
- Effective team member.
- Ability to pass MVR check, maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance and a state background check clearance.
- Ability to use a computer effectively, and complete word processing and data entry tasks
Prior IRTS Experience Preferred