Location: Fridley, MN and surrounding areas
Hours of Position: Typically Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Flexible!
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The RN provides a variety of professional nursing duties to support the residents of AHL’s 14 adult foster cares in Fridley and surrounding areas. Monitors direct support staff who pass medications and assist residents. Assists with on call support.
- Group dental and supplement insurance
- Paid time off
- Performance-based increases
- Holiday bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing, hire-from-within company
- Rewarding position working with people in a fun, relaxed environment!
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing for RN
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse within the State of Minnesota.
- Previous RN experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to make independent decisions based upon standard policies and procedures, as well as use good judgment in day-to-day activities.
- Reliability and flexibility are necessary for success in this position.
- This position may include extended time on your feet, lifting, bending and stooping.
- Lifting/transferring requirements vary based on assigned caseload, but must be able to lift loads, which are not normally to exceed 50 pounds.
- Driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and reliable personal transportation required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Represent the agency in the community and at community functions – interpret the program to the public.
2. Participate in program planning, budgeting and evaluation activities related to the clinical services of the agency.
3. Participate in all agency objectives, standards of care, policies, and procedures affecting clinical services.
4. Maintain client and agency confidentiality.
5. Will be available for on-call responsibilities. (ie. med errors/questions, medical training, etc.)
6. Will act as a liaison to contracted services to maintain effective communication and relations and ensure positive client outcomes.
7. Responsible to track contracted therapy cases and documentation to ensure continuity of care.
8. Responsible for the development and updating of staff trainings.
9. Responsible for and will assist in orientation and training of all new staff including competency testing of all new direct support staff.
10. Responsible for providing ongoing in-service education for staff.
11. Supervise assigned staff in the delivery of nursing services to clients and families.
12. Participate in evaluation of staff as requested by the program director and program supervisors.
13. Participate in the screening process of new clients.
14. Review client care plans and offer input regarding best clinical nursing interventions to ensure highest possible client outcomes.
15. Keep program director aware of clinical service concerns along with proposed resolutions.
16. Participate in the coordination of quarterly reviews
17. Act as a resource for staff in clinical services pertaining to the direct care of clients.
18. Review of client program books as deemed necessary by program directory or supervisor.
19. Participate in quality assurance/improvement program as deemed appropriate by the program director.
20. Act as a contact person for complaints in direct reference to the delivery of clinical services.
21. Will secure and coordinate community resources/services needed to provide services to hearing, speech, or vision impaired and/or limited English proficiency persons.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $33.00 per hour